CS/HB 651: Value Adjustment Board Proceedings
GENERAL BILL by Local and Federal Affairs Committee ; Hutson
Value Adjustment Board Proceedings; Requires clerk of VAB to have available & distribute specified forms; authorizes owner of multiple items of tangible personal property to file joint petition with VAB under certain circumstances; requires property appraiser to include property record card in evidence list for VAB hearing under certain circumstances; authorizes individual, agent, or legal entity that obtains written authorization to become agent of taxpayer for purpose of obtaining personal jurisdiction over taxpayer for VAB proceedings; revises procedure & requirements for petitioner to reschedule hearing; authorizes VAB or board's designee to deny request to reschedule VAB hearing under certain circumstances; authorizes petitioners to notify clerk & leave if hearing does not commence within specified period.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Finance and Tax Subcommittee; Local and Federal Affairs Committee; Appropriations Committee -HJ 56
• Introduced -HJ 56
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Subcommittee, 03/13/14, 2:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Finance and Tax Subcommittee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 284
• Now in Local and Federal Affairs Committee -HJ 284
• On Committee agenda-- Local and Federal Affairs Committee, 04/03/14, 8:45 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Local and Federal Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 466
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Local and Federal Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 462
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Committee
• Referred to- Calendar -HJ 475
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.