CS/CS/HB 713: Engineers
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee ; Ray ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gibbons ; Van Zant ; Young
Engineers; Revises qualifications for appointment of members of Board of Professional Engineers; permits professional or technical engineering society to provide list of qualified nominees for consideration for appointment to board; provides for staggered terms & length of terms; revises requirements for engineer license applicant who fails fundamentals examination; authorizes such applicant who is delayed in taking examination due to military service to have additional attempts to take examination; revises requirements for obtaining licensure by endorsement; revises requirements for continuing education hours & license renewal for engineers.
• Referred to Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 62
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee, 03/04/14, 1:30 pm, 12 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 62
• CS by Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 204
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 203
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 215
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 215
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 03/20/14, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 338
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 336
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 333
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/09/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 497
• Amendment(s) adopted (877099) -HJ 498
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 519
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 112 NAYS 2 -HJ 519
• In Messages
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Ethics and Elections; Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 526
• Received -SJ 526
• Withdrawn from Regulated Industries; Ethics and Elections; Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 580
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 580
• Substituted for CS/SB 692 -SJ 580
• Read 2nd time -SJ 580
• Read 3rd time -SJ 580
• CS passed; YEAS 35 NAYS 0 -SJ 580
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 705
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-125
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.