CS/SB 810: Pugilistic Exhibitions
GENERAL BILL by Regulated Industries ; Galvano
Pugilistic Exhibitions; Revising the duties and responsibilities of the executive director of the Florida State Boxing Commission; deleting a provision requiring the electronic recording of commission proceedings; clarifying the commission’s exclusive jurisdiction over approval of amateur and professional boxing, kickboxing, and mixed martial arts matches; providing for immediate license suspension and other disciplinary action if a participant fails or refuses to provide a urine sample or tests positive for specified prohibited substances; authorizing the commission and the Department of Business and Professional Regulation to audit specified records retained by a promoter, etc. APPROPRIATION: $111,000
Last Action: 4/30/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 773 (Ch. 2014-128), CS/CS/CS/HB 775 (Ch. 2014-129) -SJ 826
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 65
• Introduced -SJ 65
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/13/14, 9:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 262
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Rules
• Remaining references corrected to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 266
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 262
• CS by Regulated Industries read 1st time -SJ 264
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/26/14, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 355
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 355
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/08/14, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 459
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 459
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/22/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/24/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 620
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 620
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 826
• Amendment(s) adopted (683170) -SJ 826
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 773 -SJ 826
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 773 (Ch. 2014-128), CS/CS/CS/HB 775 (Ch. 2014-129) -SJ 826
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.