CS/HB 957: Local Regulation of Wage Theft
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Combee
Local Regulation of Wage Theft; Provides requirements for county ordinances regulating wage theft; authorizes county funding to assist in addressing claims of wage theft; preempts further regulation of wage theft to state; provides exception.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died in Local and Federal Affairs Committee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Local and Federal Affairs Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 83
• Introduced -HJ 83
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/12/14, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 7 NAYS 4 -HJ 278
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 276
• Now in Local and Federal Affairs Committee -HJ 292
• Died in Local and Federal Affairs Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.