CS/SB 818: Maximum Class Size
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Garcia
Maximum Class Size; Deleting a provision relating to compliance with maximum class size requirements for certain public schools of choice; revising requirements for charter school compliance with maximum class size requirements; revising requirements for district innovation school of technology compliance with maximum class size requirements; calculating a school district’s class size categorical allocation reduction at the school average when maximum class size requirements are not met, etc.
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 88
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 03/04/15, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 88
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 9 NAYS 2 -SJ 190
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 190
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 03/16/15, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 5 NAYS 2 -SJ 221
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 221
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/09/15, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 1 -SJ 422
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 422
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 423
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/15
• Retained on Calendar
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.