CS/HB 105: Publicly Funded Retirement Programs
GENERAL BILL by Government Operations Subcommittee ; Eagle ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton ; Campbell
Publicly Funded Retirement Programs; Revises applicability of Marvin B. Clayton Firefighters Pension Trust Fund Act; authorizes municipality that provides fire protection services under an interlocal agreement with another municipality to impose excise tax on property insurance premiums; requires municipal services taxing units to provide Division of Retirement with certified copy of ordinance assessing & imposing certain taxes; revises provisions relating to limitation of disbursement; authorizes municipal services taxing unit, under certain conditions, to revoke participation & cease to receive property insurance premium taxes.
Last Action: 3/24/2016 House - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; Local Government Affairs Subcommittee; Finance and Tax Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 14
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 03/04/15, 1:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 14
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 181
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 179
• Now in Local Government Affairs Subcommittee -HJ 190
• On Committee agenda-- Local Government Affairs Subcommittee, 03/18/15, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Local Government Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 276
• Now in Finance and Tax Committee -HJ 276
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Committee, 03/31/15, 3:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Finance and Tax Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 1 -HJ 363
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 363
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/08/15, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 470
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 470
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/15/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 543
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 570
• CS passed; YEAS 110 NAYS 1 -HJ 570
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 442
• Received -SJ 442
• Withdrawn from Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 611
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 611
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 216 -SJ 611
• Read 2nd time -SJ 611
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 679
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 679
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 864
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor
• Veto Message received (2015 Special Session A, 2015 Special Session B, 2015 Special Session C, 2016 Regular Session) -HJ 124
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.