CS/SB 1362: Department of Legal Affairs
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Simmons
Department of Legal Affairs; Revising the list of offenses that may be investigated and prosecuted by the Office of Statewide Prosecution; specifying the distribution of certain funds recovered in Medicaid fraud actions; prohibiting bad faith assertions of patent infringement from being made; revising the conditions under which elderly persons or disabled adults who suffer a property loss are eligible for an award; providing for relocation assistance for human trafficking victims, etc.
Last Action: 4/22/2015 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 439 (Ch. 2015-92) -SJ 497
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 129
• Introduced -SJ 129
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/10/15, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 190
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 190
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 04/02/15, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 351
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 351
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/16/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 425
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/22/15
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 436
• Read 2nd time -SJ 497
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 439 -SJ 497
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 439 (Ch. 2015-92) -SJ 497
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.