CS/HB 145: Commercial Motor Vehicle Review Board
GENERAL BILL by Highway and Waterway Safety Subcommittee ; Beshears
Commercial Motor Vehicle Review Board; Deleting a provision authorizing any officer of the Florida Highway Patrol to require that a vehicle be driven to the nearest weigh station or public scales under certain circumstances; requiring the officer issuing the citation to escort the driver and attend the reweighing; providing for appointment of additional members by the Governor and the Commissioner of Agriculture; providing for removal of members by the Governor under certain circumstances; requiring the Department of Transportation to provide space and video conference capability at each district office to enable a person requesting a hearing to appear remotely before the board, etc.
Last Action: 6/11/2015 - Chapter No. 2015-103
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Highway and Waterway Safety Subcommittee; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 17
• On Committee agenda-- Highway and Waterway Safety Subcommittee, 02/04/15, 10:00 am, 116 Knott Building
• CS by Highway and Waterway Safety Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 1 -HJ 133
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 131
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/04/15, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• Introduced -HJ 17
• CS by Highway and Waterway Safety Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 125
• Favorable by Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 171
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 171
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 03/11/15, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 216
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 216
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/17/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 242
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 256
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 1 -HJ 256
• In Messages
• Referred to Transportation; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Fiscal Policy -SJ 277
• Received -SJ 277
• Withdrawn from Transportation; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Fiscal Policy -SJ 607
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 607
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 220 -SJ 607
• Read 2nd time -SJ 607
• Amendment(s) adopted (551142) -SJ 607
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 674
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 674
• In returning messages
• Was taken up -HJ 908
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (551142) -HJ 909
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 1 -HJ 909
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 909
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-103
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.