CS/CS/HB 149: Rights of Grandparents
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee ; Rouson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton ; Broxson ; Campbell ; Gaetz ; Hill ; Metz ; Pritchett ; Rogers ; Rooney ; Spano ; Stevenson ; Van Zant
Rights of Grandparents; Authorizes grandparent of minor child to petition court for visitation; provides for application of Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction & Enforcement Act; provides conditions under which court may terminate grandparent visitation.
Last Action: 6/15/2015 - Chapter No. 2015-134
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 17
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 02/04/15, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 132
• Now in Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee -HJ 132
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee, 03/04/15, 12:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Introduced -HJ 17
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 195
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 190
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 188
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/19/15, 12:30 pm, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 285
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 284
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 280
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 313
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 337
• CS passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 338
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Fiscal Policy -SJ 323
• Received -SJ 323
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Fiscal Policy -SJ 612
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 612
• Substituted for CS/SB 368 -SJ 612
• Read 2nd time -SJ 612
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 680
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 680
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 864
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-134
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.