The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/SB 1534: Contraband Forfeiture
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Brandes
Contraband Forfeiture; Requiring each state or local law enforcement agency that seizes property for the purpose of forfeiture to perform a specified periodic review at least annually and address deficiencies to ensure compliance with this act; deleting a provision authorizing a seizing agency to retain seized property for its use; requiring each state or local law enforcement agency that seizes property for the purpose of forfeiture to complete an annual report, etc.
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 142
• Introduced -SJ 142
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/30/15, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 4 NAYS 1 -SJ 258
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 258
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 04/08/15, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 1 -SJ 378
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 378
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/16/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 425
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 437
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.