SB 192: Wireless Communications Devices
GENERAL BILL by Altman
Wireless Communications Devices; Revising legislative intent to authorize law enforcement officers to issue citations as a primary offense to persons who are texting while driving; relating to the enforcement of the “Florida Ban on Texting While Driving Law” as a secondary action, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2015 Senate - Died in Transportation
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities (CU)
- Transportation (TR)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development (ATD)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 45
• Introduced -SJ 45
• On Committee agenda-- Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities, 03/31/15, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; YEAS 5 NAYS 3 -SJ 316
• Now in Transportation -SJ 316
• Died in Transportation
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.