HB 283: Transfers to Minors
GENERAL BILL by Berman
Transfers to Minors; Specifies that certain transfers from a trust are treated as made by grantor of such trust; revises specific termination provisions related to certain custodianships for minors.
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 27
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 02/10/15, 10:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 134
• Now in Insurance and Banking Subcommittee -HJ 134
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/03/15, 4:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 27
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 171
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 171
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/11/15, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 223
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 223
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 753
• Amendment(s) adopted (241379) -HJ 753
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 806
• Passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 806
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 640
• Received -SJ 640
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 678
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 678
• Substituted for CS/SB 630 -SJ 678
• Read 2nd time -SJ 678
• Read 3rd time -SJ 678
• Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 678
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 864
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-140
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.