CS/HB 357: Principal Autonomy Pilot Program Initiative
GENERAL BILL by K-12 Subcommittee ; Diaz, M. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles ; Costello
Principal Autonomy Pilot Program Initiative; Creates Principal Autonomy Pilot Program Initiative; provides requirements for participation, exemptions, professional development, rulemaking, & reporting; provides authorization period for participation in program; provides for renewal or revocation of authorization to participate in program; revises school district minimum classroom expenditure requirements; requires district school boards participating in program to provide certain funding allocations; provides additional authority & responsibilities to school principals of participating school districts; specifies contents of professional development program.
Last Action: 5/1/2015 Senate - Died in Education Pre-K - 12
Bill Text: PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to K-12 Subcommittee; Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 32
• PCS on Committee agenda-- K-12 Subcommittee, 03/04/15, 1:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Introduced -HJ 32
• CS by K-12 Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 171
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 180
• CS by K-12 Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 180
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/12/15, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 224
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 224
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/19/15, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 285
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 285
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 313
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 337
• CS passed; YEAS 100 NAYS 8 -HJ 337
• In Messages
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 324
• Received -SJ 324
• Died in Education Pre-K - 12
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.