CS/CS/SB 420: Animal Control
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Community Affairs ; Grimsley
Animal Control; Providing a procedure for adopting or humanely disposing of impounded stray livestock, except cattle, as an alternative to sale or auction; requiring a county animal control center to establish fees and be responsible for damages caused while impounding livestock; authorizing certain municipal animal control officers to take custody of an animal found neglected or cruelly treated or to order the owner of such an animal to provide certain care at the owner’s expense, etc.
- Agriculture (AG)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Agriculture; Community Affairs; Fiscal Policy -SJ 60
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture, 02/16/15, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Agriculture; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 158
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 158
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/04/15, 1:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Introduced -SJ 60
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/17/15, 9:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 221
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 222
• Original reference(s) removed: Fiscal Policy
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations -SJ 238
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/09/15, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 377
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 377
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/14/15
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 380
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 422
• Read 2nd time -SJ 461
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 572
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 573
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 846
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/15
• Received -HJ 846
• Read 2nd time -HJ 862
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 627 -HJ 862
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 881
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 881
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 703
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-18
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.