CS/HB 7013: Adoption and Foster Care
GENERAL BILL by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee ; Health and Human Services Committee ; Brodeur
Adoption and Foster Care; Revising requirements for agreements between the Department of Children and Families and specified entities for the provision of educational services; requiring the community-based care lead agency to contact by telephone the child's adoptive family within a specified period after the date that the adoption is finalized; authorizing a direct-support organization established by the Office of Adoption and Child Protection to accept donations of products or services from private sources to be given to the recipients of the adoption achievement awards; requiring licensed child-placing agencies that provide adoption services for intercountry adoptions to meet specified requirements.
• Referred to Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 118
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/03/15, 2:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 117
• CS by- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 173
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 170
• CS by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 170
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/10/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 199
• Amendment(s) failed (087987) -HJ 200
• Amendment(s) adopted (403745, 720277, 913423) -HJ 200
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 210
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 68 NAYS 50 -HJ 211
• In Messages
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Fiscal Policy -SJ 215
• Received -SJ 215
• Withdrawn from Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Fiscal Policy -SJ 366
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 366
• Substituted for CS/SB 320 -SJ 366
• Read 2nd time -SJ 366
• Amendment(s) failed (274192) -SJ 370
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 401
• CS passed; YEAS 27 NAYS 11 -SJ 401
• Immediately certified -SJ 402
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 546
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-130
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.