SB 7028: Educational Opportunities for Veterans
GENERAL BILL by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security
Educational Opportunities for Veterans; Revising criteria for eligibility for out-of-state fee waivers at state universities, Florida College System institutions, and specified career centers; removing a provision regarding the applicability of waivers to required credit hours for a student’s degree or certificate program, etc.
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Submitted for consideration by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 02/17/15, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building -- Submitted as Committee Bill; YEAS 4 NAYS 0
• Referred to Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 148
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 03/04/15, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 148
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 193
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 193
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/09/15, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 377
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 377
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/14/15
• Read 2nd time -SJ 416
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 486
• Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 486
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 679
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/15
• Received -HJ 679
• Substituted for CS/HB 35 -HJ 693
• Read 2nd time -HJ 694
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 782
• Passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 782
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 657
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-76
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.