CS/HB 7041: Public Records/Customer E-mail Addresses/DHSMV
GENERAL BILL by Economic Affairs Committee ; Highway and Waterway Safety Subcommittee ; Steube
Public Records/Customer E-mail Addresses/DHSMV; Provides public records exemption for e-mail addresses obtained from customers when conducting driver license or motor vehicle record transactions; provides for future legislative review & repeal of exemption; provides statement of public necessity.
Last Action: 4/27/2015 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 7040 (Ch. 2015-32) -HJ 863
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 168
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 202
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 03/17/15, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 251
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 251
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 03/26/15, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 1 -HJ 351
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Economic Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 350
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 353
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/15
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 7040 -HJ 863
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 7040 (Ch. 2015-32) -HJ 863
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.