HB 7143: Online Voter Registration
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Caldwell ; Passidomo ; Williams ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Dudley ; Watson, C.
Online Voter Registration; Requires DOS to develop online voter registration system; provides application & security requirements; requires system to compare information submitted online with DHSMV records; provides for disposition of voter registration applications; requires system compliance with federal accessibility provisions; requires division to report to Legislature regarding implementation by specified date. APPROPRIATION: $1,800,000
Last Action: 4/28/2015 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 228 (Ch. 2015-36) -HJ 877
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 500
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 522
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/15/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 541
• Amendment(s) adopted (498973) -HJ 541
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 567
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 597
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 646
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 687
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 779
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 856
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 228 -HJ 877
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 228 (Ch. 2015-36) -HJ 877
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.