CS/SB 842: Citizens Property Insurance Corporation Eligibility for Coverage
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Benacquisto
Citizens Property Insurance Corporation Eligibility for Coverage; Deleting a provision prohibiting certain improvements to major structures from being eligible for coverage by the Citizens Property Insurance Corporation; prohibiting coverage for major structures rebuilt, repaired, restored, or remodeled to increase the total square footage of finished area by a specified amount, etc.
Last Action: 4/22/2015 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 715 (Ch. 2015-94) -SJ 494
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Community Affairs; Fiscal Policy -SJ 89
• Introduced -SJ 89
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/10/15, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 192
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 192
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 207
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/23/15, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 252
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 252
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 04/02/15, 11:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 343
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 343
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/08/15
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 372
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 422
• Read 2nd time -SJ 494
• Substituted CS/HB 715 -SJ 494
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 715 (Ch. 2015-94) -SJ 494
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.