HB 887: Unclaimed Property
GENERAL BILL by Trumbull
Unclaimed Property; Provides for escheatment to state of unclaimed U.S. savings bonds; provides for judicial determination of escheatment; provides procedures for challenging escheatment; provides for deposit of proceeds of escheatment; provides that person claiming a U.S. savings bond may file claim.
• Introduced -HJ 73
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 73
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/25/15, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 306
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 306
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/31/15, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 354
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 354
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 04/09/15, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 514
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 514
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 618
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 661
• Passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 661
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 510
• Received -SJ 510
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 612
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 612
• Substituted for SB 1138 -SJ 612
• Read 2nd time -SJ 612
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 681
• Passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 681
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 865
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2015-152
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.