CS/HB 455: Alimony
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Burton ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Hager ; Hill
Alimony; Requires use of specified factors in calculating alimony pendente lite; provides presumptions concerning alimony awards depending on duration of marriages; provides for imputation of income in certain circumstances; declares public policy concerning child's interests regarding time sharing in custody & support proceedings; prohibits court from changing duration of alimony award; provides for motions to advance trial of certain actions if specified period has passed since initial service on respondent.
Last Action: 3/7/2016 House - Laid on Table -HJ 871
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 11/18/15, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 4 -HJ 161
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 161
• Introduced -HJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/04/16, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 3 -HJ 406
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 405
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 402
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/16
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 805
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 668 (Vetoed by Governor) -HJ 871
• Laid on Table -HJ 871
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.