CS/CS/SB 936: Persons with Disabilities
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Criminal Justice ; Ring ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Evers
Persons with Disabilities; Citing this act as the "The Wes Kleinert Fair Interview Act"; requiring the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles to issue an identification card exhibiting a special designation for a person who has a developmental disability under certain circumstances; requiring a law enforcement officer, correctional officer, or another public safety official to make a good faith effort, upon the request of a parent, a guardian, or the individual, to ensure that specified professionals are present at all interviews of an individual diagnosed with autism or an autism spectrum disorder, etc.
Last Action: 4/1/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-175
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 71
• Introduced -SJ 71
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/01/16, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 3 NAYS 2 -SJ 303
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 303
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/11/16, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 314
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/17/16, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 4 NAYS 2 -SJ 434
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 434
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/01/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 563
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 563
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/16
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 565
• Read 2nd time -SJ 613
• Amendment(s) adopted (609018) -SJ 613
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 614
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 706
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 32 NAYS 2 -SJ 707
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 831
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Received -HJ 830
• Read 2nd time -HJ 868
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 1043 -HJ 868
• Amendment(s) failed (773553) -HJ 869
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 903
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 1 -HJ 904
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 837
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-175
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.