The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
SB 112: Absentee Voting
GENERAL BILL by Thompson
Absentee Voting; Replacing the term “absentee ballot” with the term “vote-by-mail ballot”, etc.
- Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development (ATD)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Rules -SJ 11
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 10/21/15, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 125
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 125
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 11/03/15, 2:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 128
• Now in Rules -SJ 128
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 12/03/15, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 126
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 126
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/13/16
• Introduced -SJ 11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 175
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 216
• Passed; YEAS 34 NAYS 0 -SJ 216
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 499
• Received -HJ 499
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Substituted for CS/HB 361 -HJ 541
• Read 2nd time -HJ 541
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 572
• Passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 572
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 520
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 652
• Approved by Governor -SJ 992
• Chapter No. 2016-37
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.