CS/CS/HB 1405: Community Associations
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Business and Professions Subcommittee ; Bracy ; La Rosa ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Cortes, J.
Community Associations; Revises records required to be maintained by condominium and homeowners' association; provides requirements relating to posting of specified documents on condominium and homeowners' association's websites; provides that physical copies of certain official records of association are open to inspection by certain persons; requires an outgoing homeowners' association board or committee member to relinquish administrative rights or controls of an association's website or other digital or electronic asset of association; deletes provision authorizing condominium, homeowners', and cooperative associations to prepare report of cash receipts & expenditures in lieu of certain financial statements; provides remedy for condominium, homeowners', and cooperative associations failing to provide unitowner with copy of financial report; authorizes waiving of financial reporting requirements for more than 3 consecutive years; provides responsibilities of Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares, & Mobile Homes.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 House - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 118
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 230
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 01/26/16, 12:00 pm, 12 HOB
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 333
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 331
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 363
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/22/16, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 519
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 519
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 02/25/16, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 639
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 637
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 724
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.