CS/SB 1692: Reimbursement of Assessments
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Altman
Reimbursement of Assessments; Prohibiting an agent or attorney representing a claimant from directly or indirectly requesting, receiving, or obtaining reimbursement from the claimant for assessments charged to the agent or attorney by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs; providing penalties, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 821 (Ch. 2016-228) -SJ 966
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Fiscal Policy -SJ 223
• Introduced -SJ 223
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/09/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 401
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 401
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 408
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/24/16, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 497
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 497
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 02/29/16, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 497
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 497
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/10/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 966
• Substituted CS/HB 821 -SJ 966
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 821 (Ch. 2016-228) -SJ 966
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.