CS/CS/HB 181: Public Works Projects
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Local Government Affairs Subcommittee ; Van Zant ; Tobia ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Grant ; McBurney ; Smith ; Wood
Public Works Projects; Prohibits state & political subdivisions that contract for public works projects from imposing restrictive conditions on certain contractors, subcontractors, or material suppliers or carriers; prohibits state & political subdivisions from restricting qualified bidders from submitting bids or being awarded contracts; provides applicability.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 House - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; Local Government Affairs Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 20
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 10/20/15, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 4 -HJ 158
• Now in Local Government Affairs Subcommittee -HJ 158
• On Committee agenda-- Local Government Affairs Subcommittee, 11/04/15, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Local Government Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 7 NAYS 3 -HJ 159
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 155
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 01/13/16, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Introduced -HJ 20
• CS by Local Government Affairs Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 141
• CS/CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 11 NAYS 6 -HJ 218
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 211
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 228
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/26/16
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 278
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.