CS/HJR 197: Term Limits for Appellate Courts
JOINT RESOLUTION by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Wood ; Sullivan ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Combee ; Gaetz ; Hill ; Metz ; Tobia
Term Limits for Appellate Courts; Proposes amendment to State Constitution to create term limits for Supreme Court justices & judges of DCAs; limits applicability to justices & judges appointed after effective date.
Bill Text: PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 21
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 11/03/15, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 5 -HJ 159
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 155
• Introduced -HJ 21
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 141
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 01/21/16, 3:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 6 -HJ 256
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 256
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/04/16, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 11 NAYS 6 -HJ 400
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 400
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 539
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 570
• CS passed; YEAS 76 NAYS 38 -HJ 570
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Ethics and Elections; Rules -SJ 513
• Received -SJ 513
• Died in Judiciary
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.