CS/HB 277: County and Municipality Homestead Tax Exemption
GENERAL BILL by Finance and Tax Committee ; Avila ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles ; Campbell ; Nunez ; Rodriguez, J.
County and Municipality Homestead Tax Exemption; Specifies calculation that county or municipality may use in determining just value for purposes of homestead tax exemption for certain persons aged 65 or older, if authorized by law; provides retroactive applicability; provides for contingent effect.
Last Action: 3/28/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-121, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HJR 275 (Passed)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Finance and Tax Committee; Local Government Affairs Subcommittee; Local and Federal Affairs Committee -HJ 27
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Committee, 10/21/15, 12:30 pm, Morris Hall --Meeting cancelled
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Committee, 11/05/15, 2:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 1 -HJ 160
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Local Government Affairs Subcommittee -HJ 156
• On Committee agenda-- Local Government Affairs Subcommittee, 12/02/15, 11:30 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Local Government Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 164
• Now in Local and Federal Affairs Committee -HJ 164
• Introduced -HJ 27
• On Committee agenda-- Local and Federal Affairs Committee, 01/14/16, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee read 1st time -HJ 144
• Favorable by- Local and Federal Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 218
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 218
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/10/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 423
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 445
• CS passed; YEAS 111 NAYS 0 -HJ 445
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 431
• Received -SJ 431
• Withdrawn from Community Affairs; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 781
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 781
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 488 -SJ 781
• Read 2nd time -SJ 781
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 845
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 845
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 976
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 1434
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-121, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HJR 275 (Passed)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.