CS/HB 363: Health Insurance Coverage for Opioids
GENERAL BILL by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Nunez ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles
Health Insurance Coverage for Opioids; Provides that health insurance policy that provides coverage for opioid analgesic drug products may impose prior authorization requirement for abuse-deterrent opioid analgesic drug product only if policy imposes same requirement for each opioid analgesic drug product without abuse-deterrence labeling claim; prohibits such health insurance policy from requiring use of opioid analgesic drug product without abuse-deterrence labeling claim before authorizing use of abuse-deterrent opioid analgesic drug product.
Last Action: 3/4/2016 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 422 (Ch. 2016-112) -HJ 804
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Health Innovation Subcommittee; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 32
• On Committee agenda-- Health Innovation Subcommittee, 01/13/16, 1:00 pm, 306 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 32
• Favorable by Health Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 217
• Now in Insurance and Banking Subcommittee -HJ 217
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 02/01/16, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 364
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 359
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Committee
• CS referred to Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 382
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 382
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/17/16, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 507
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 507
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/16
• Substituted SB 422 -HJ 804
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 422 (Ch. 2016-112) -HJ 804
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.