CS/SB 458: Transfers of Structured Settlement Payment Rights
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Richter
Transfers of Structured Settlement Payment Rights; Revising specified disclosures and notices that are or may be required to be given in order to effect transfers of structured settlement payment rights and payments under such rights; requiring the court to hold a hearing on the application; providing that following issuance of a court order approving the transfer, the structured settlement obligor and annuity issuer may rely on the order in redirecting certain payments and are released and discharged from certain liability, etc.
- Judiciary (JU)
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 35
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 11/17/15, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 125
• Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 125
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 12/01/15, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 128
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 128
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/14/16, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 35
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 114
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 221
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 221
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/21/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 236
• Amendment(s) adopted (514830) -SJ 236
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 236
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 267
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 268
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 502
• Received -HJ 502
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 379 -HJ 541
• Read 2nd time -HJ 541
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 573
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 573
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 521
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 652
• Approved by Governor -SJ 992
• Chapter No. 2016-45
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.