HB 643: Pub. Rec./Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Trumbull
Pub. Rec./Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services; Provides exemption from public records requirements for criminal or civil intelligence or investigative information or any other information held by DACS as part of an examination or investigation with another state or federal regulatory, administrative, or criminal justice agency; provides exceptions to the exemption; provides applicability; provides for future legislative review & repeal of the exemption; provides statement of public necessity; provides for contingent effect.
Last Action: 3/7/2016 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 754 (Ch. 2016-161), CS/CS/SB 772 (Ch. 2016-166) -HJ 875
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Government Operations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 56
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 01/12/16, 1:30 pm, 12 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 56
• Favorable by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 242
• Now in Government Operations Subcommittee -HJ 242
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 01/26/16, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 288
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 288
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 02/17/16, 9:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 519
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 519
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/16
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 673
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Substituted CS/SB 754 -HJ 875
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 754 (Ch. 2016-161), CS/CS/SB 772 (Ch. 2016-166) -HJ 875
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.