CS/SB 7034: Prenatal Services and Early Childhood Development
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
Prenatal Services and Early Childhood Development; Revising the requirements for the Department of Health to maintain a clearinghouse of information for parents and health care providers and to increase public awareness on developmental evaluation and early intervention programs; renaming the “Infants and Toddlers Early Intervention Program” as the “Early Steps Program”; requiring the development of an individualized family support plan for each child served in the program, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7053 (Ch. 2016-238)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Submitted for consideration by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 11/19/15, 9:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building -- Submitted as Committee Bill; YEAS 4 NAYS 0
• Referred to Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 106
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 01/13/16, 1:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 106
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 222
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 222
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/03/16, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 305
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 305
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/10/16
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 317
• Retained on Calendar
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7053 (Ch. 2016-238)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.