CS/HB 7107: Public Employees
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations Committee ; State Affairs Committee ; Caldwell ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles ; Baxley ; Perry ; Peters ; Rogers
Public Employees; Authorizes renewed membership in retirement system for certain retirees who are reemployed in position eligible for Elected Officers' Class; provides for renewed membership in retirement system for certain retirees of Senior Management Service Optional Annuity Program who are reemployed on or after specified date; requires that certain retirees who are reemployed on or after specified date be renewed members in investment plan; provides vesting requirements; prohibits renewed member from receiving specified disability benefits; requires employer & retiree to make applicable contributions to renewed member's investment plan account; prohibits participation in pension plan; provides that retiree reemployed on or after specified date in regularly established position eligible for State University System Optional Retirement Program or State Community College System Optional Retirement Program is renewed member of that program; authorizes payment of death benefits to surviving spouse or surviving children of member in investment plan; authorizes state board & department to adopt rules; adjusts employer contribution rates in order to fund changes made by act; provides directive to the Division of Law Revision & Information; provides appropriation. APPROPRIATION: $5,149,000
Last Action: 3/11/2016 Senate - Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 7012 (Ch. 2016-213)
Bill Text: PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Introduced -HJ 429
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 458
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/16/16, 3:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 9 -HJ 484
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 481
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 506
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 534
• Amendment(s) failed (449833) -HJ 536
• Amendment(s) adopted (159191) -HJ 537
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 566
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 72 NAYS 38 -HJ 567
• In Messages
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Community Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 520
• Received -SJ 520
• Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 7012 (Ch. 2016-213)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.