CS/CS/SB 86: Scrutinized Companies
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Negron ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz ; Braynon ; Margolis ; Soto ; Abruzzo ; Sobel ; Flores ; Sachs ; Benacquisto ; Hays ; Gardiner ; Altman ; Bean ; Bradley ; Brandes ; Bullard ; Clemens ; Dean ; Detert ; Diaz de la Portilla ; Evers ; Galvano ; Garcia ; Gibson ; Grimsley ; Hutson ; Joyner ; Latvala ; Lee ; Montford ; Richter ; Ring ; Simmons ; Simpson ; Smith ; Stargel ; Thompson ; Hukill
Scrutinized Companies; Requiring the State Board of Administration to identify all companies that are boycotting Israel or are engaged in a boycott of Israel in which the public fund owns direct or indirect holdings by a specified date; requiring the public fund to create and maintain the Scrutinized Companies that Boycott Israel List that names all such companies; prohibiting a state agency or local governmental entity from contracting for goods and services that exceed a specified amount if the company has been placed on the Scrutinized Companies that Boycott Israel List, etc.
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 10
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 10/06/15, 10:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 4 NAYS 1 -SJ 126
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 126
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 10/20/15, 3:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 128
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 128
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 11/19/15, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 128
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 128
• Introduced -SJ 10
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 106
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 106
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/15/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 217
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 233
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 233
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 499
• Received -HJ 499
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Substituted for HB 527 -HJ 553
• Read 2nd time -HJ 553
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 585
• CS passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 2 -HJ 585
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 520
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 652
• Approved by Governor -SJ 992
• Chapter No. 2016-36
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.