CS/CS/HB 897: Service of Process on Financial Institutions
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Stone ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Mayfield ; Williams
Service of Process on Financial Institutions; Requires service on financial institutions to be made in accordance with s. 655.0201, F.S.; revises applicability of provisions of law governing service of process on financial institutions; authorizes certain financial institutions to designate with DOS place or registered agent located within state as such institution's sole location or agent for service of process, notice, levy, or demand; provides that service of process, notice, levy, or demand may be made during specified time periods; provides exceptions if financial institution does not have registered agent, if service cannot be made at sole location, or for service made by Office of Financial Regulation.
Last Action: 3/7/2016 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1104 (Ch. 2016-180) -HJ 884
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 77
• Introduced -HJ 77
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 02/01/16, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 364
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 360
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 382
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 382
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 02/25/16, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 604
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 602
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 638
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 1104 -HJ 884
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1104 (Ch. 2016-180) -HJ 884
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.