CS/CS/SB 954: Electronic Monitoring Devices
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Policy ; Criminal Justice ; Simmons
Electronic Monitoring Devices; Prohibiting a person from removing, destroying, altering, tampering with, damaging, or circumventing the operation of an electronic monitoring device being worn or used pursuant to any court order or an order by the Florida Commission on Offender Review; specifying that the Department of Corrections may electronically monitor an offender sentenced to community control when the court has imposed electronic monitoring as a condition of community control, etc.
Last Action: 2/24/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 75 (Ch. 2016-15) -SJ 485
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Fiscal Policy -SJ 72
• Introduced -SJ 72
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/25/16, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 246
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 246
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 253
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/11/16, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 402
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 402
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 02/17/16, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 434
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 434
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• CS/CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time -SJ 438
• Read 2nd time -SJ 455
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 485
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 75 -SJ 485
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 75 (Ch. 2016-15) -SJ 485
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.