CS/HB 969: Orders of No Contact
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Stevenson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Renner
Orders of No Contact; Revises requirements for notifying defendant of no contact order if issued by court as condition of pretrial release.
Last Action: 3/7/2016 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 1412 (Ch. 2016-204) -HJ 870
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 83
• Introduced -HJ 83
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 02/03/16, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 406
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 405
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 404
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/18/16, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 508
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 508
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Substituted SB 1412 -HJ 870
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 1412 (Ch. 2016-204) -HJ 870
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.