CS/HB 971: Community Development Districts
GENERAL BILL by Local Government Affairs Subcommittee ; Sullivan
Community Development Districts; Amends acreage threshold for establishment of community development district; authorizes district to contract with towing operator to remove vehicles or vessels from specified properties; authorizes up to certain number of districts to merge; provides for membership of surviving merged district; provides requirements of merger agreement; provides for public hearings; prohibits petition to merge from being filed within specified timeframe.
• Referred to Local Government Affairs Subcommittee; Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee; Local and Federal Affairs Committee -HJ 83
• Introduced -HJ 83
• On Committee agenda-- Local Government Affairs Subcommittee, 01/19/16, 12:30 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Local Government Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 242
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Local Government Affairs Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 238
• Now in Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee -HJ 249
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee, 01/25/16, 2:30 pm, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 263
• Now in Local and Federal Affairs Committee -HJ 263
• On Committee agenda-- Local and Federal Affairs Committee, 02/04/16, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Local and Federal Affairs Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 399
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 399
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 553
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 586
• CS passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 3 -HJ 586
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 517
• Received -SJ 517
• Withdrawn from Community Affairs; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 661
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 661
• Substituted for CS/SB 1156 -SJ 661
• Read 2nd time -SJ 661
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 740
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 740
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 892
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 980
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-94
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.