CS/CS/SB 196: Judicial Resources
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Criminal Justice ; Flores ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bracy ; Garcia ; Baxley ; Gibson ; Steube ; Rodriguez ; Perry ; Rouson ; Powell ; Rader ; Clemens ; Braynon ; Farmer ; Passidomo ; Montford ; Benacquisto ; Thurston
Judicial Resources; Requiring the Supreme Court to issue an annual report regarding certain cases; requiring the establishment of civil citation or similar diversion programs for juveniles in each county; requiring the Department of Juvenile Justice, beginning on a certain date, to collect specified information relating to children who qualify for prosecution as adults and for children who are transferred for criminal prosecution as adults, etc.
Last Action: 4/28/2017 Senate - Laid on Table -SJ 537
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 50
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/23/17, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 2 -SJ 148
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 148
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 03/08/17, 9:30 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 50
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 140
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 182
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 182
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/13/17, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 1 -SJ 412
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 412
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 412
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 537
• Substituted HB 301 (Died in House returning Messages) -SJ 537
• Laid on Table -SJ 537
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.