CS/CS/SB 406: Compassionate Use of Low-THC Cannabis and Marijuana
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Health Policy ; Bradley ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Young ; Hutson
Compassionate Use of Low-THC Cannabis and Marijuana; Authorizing physicians to issue physician certifications to specified patients who meet certain conditions; requiring the Department of Health to register caregivers meeting certain requirements on the compassionate use registry; requiring the department to establish a quality control program that requires medical marijuana treatment centers to submit samples from each batch or lot of marijuana to an independent testing laboratory; creating the “Medical Marijuana Research and Education Act”; establishing the Coalition for Medical Marijuana Research and Education within the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Inc., etc.
Last Action: 5/4/2017 Senate - Laid on Table -SJ 829
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 66
• Introduced -SJ 66
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 04/03/17, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 319
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 319
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 323
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 04/18/17, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 6 NAYS 1 -SJ 443
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 443
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/25/17, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 1 -SJ 562
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 562
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/17
• Retained on Special Order Calendar
• Read 2nd time -SJ 828
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 1397 (Died in House) -SJ 829
• Laid on Table -SJ 829
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.