CS/SB 494: Compensation of Victims of Wrongful Incarceration
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Bradley
Compensation of Victims of Wrongful Incarceration; Revising the circumstances under which a person is disqualified from receiving compensation under the Victims of Wrongful Incarceration Compensation Act; specifying that a wrongfully incarcerated person who commits no more than one felony that is not a violent felony, rather than a felony law violation, which results in revocation of parole or community supervision is eligible for compensation, etc.
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 72
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/21/17, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 147
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 147
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/07/17, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 72
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 174
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 175
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 174
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/25/17, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 442
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 442
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 502
• Amendment(s) adopted (908054) -SJ 503
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 504
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 548
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 548
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1024
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/17
• Received -HJ 1024
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1068
• Substituted for CS/HB 393 -HJ 1068
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1088
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 1088, 1089
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 755
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-120
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.