CS/CS/HB 501: Pub. Rec. and Meetings/Information Technology/Postsecondary Education Institutions
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee ; Leek ; Silvers ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Clemons ; Ponder ; Watson, C.
Pub. Rec. and Meetings/Information Technology/Postsecondary Education Institutions; Creates exemption from public records & meetings requirements for certain data & information held by state universities & FCS institutions relating to information technology security programs; authorizes certain entities or agencies to access such records; provides retroactive application; provides for future legislative review & repeal; provides statements of public necessity; provides directive to Division of Law Revision & Information.
• Referred to Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee; Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 68
• Introduced -HJ 68
• On Committee agenda-- Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee, 03/13/17, 1:00 pm, Mashburn Hall
• CS by Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 361
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 358
• Now in Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee -HJ 389
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 490
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 490
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/06/17, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 611
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 606
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 632
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/19/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 737
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 766, 767
• CS passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 767
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 455
• Received -SJ 455
• Withdrawn from Education; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 711
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 711
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 110 -SJ 711
• Read 2nd time -SJ 711
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 901
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 902
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1262
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-109
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.