HB 645: Involuntary Examinations Under the Baker Act
GENERAL BILL by Lee ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Jones
Involuntary Examinations Under the Baker Act; Authorizes physician assistants & advanced registered nurse practitioners to execute certificate under certain conditions.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Health Policy
Bill Text: PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Health Quality Subcommittee; Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 79
• On Committee agenda-- Health Quality Subcommittee, 03/08/17, 9:00 am, Mashburn Hall
• Introduced -HJ 79
• Favorable by Health Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 317
• Now in Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee -HJ 317
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 490
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 490
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/20/17, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 786
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 786
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 947
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 980
• Passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 980
• In Messages
• Referred to Health Policy; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 607
• Received -SJ 607
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Health Policy
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.