CS/CS/SB 730: Insurer Insolvency
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Banking and Insurance ; Passidomo
Insurer Insolvency; Adding the Insurer Receivership Model Act to a list of acts that extend reciprocity in the treatment of policyholders in receivership if such act is enacted in other states; revising the exclusive jurisdiction of the Circuit Court of Leon County, upon issuance of specified orders, of an insurer’s assets or property in a delinquency proceeding; requiring that specified large deductible claims under certain workers’ compensation policies must be turned over to the applicable responsible guaranty association for handling; prohibiting claims for postjugdment interest accrued after the date the court enters the order of liquidation, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2017 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 837 -SJ 633
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 90
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/06/17, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 168
• Introduced -SJ 90
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 168
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 170
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 03/29/17, 11:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 259
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 259
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/13/17, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 404
• Now in Rules -SJ 404
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/19/17, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 443
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 443
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 445
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 632
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 837 -SJ 633
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 837 -SJ 633
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.