CS/SB 794: Motor Vehicle Service Agreement Companies
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Brandes
Motor Vehicle Service Agreement Companies; Revising qualifications for a motor vehicle service agreement company to obtain and maintain a license; requiring specified refunds by insurers or service agreement companies if service agreements are canceled by lenders, finance companies, or creditors after a specified timeframe; providing a limitation on such cancellations, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2017 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 339 -SJ 687
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 97
• Introduced -SJ 97
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/14/17, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 182
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 224
• Now in Commerce and Tourism -SJ 182
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/27/17, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 257
• Now in Rules -SJ 257
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/06/17, 10:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 319
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 319
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 687
• Substituted CS/HB 339 -SJ 687
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 339 -SJ 687
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.