The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/CS/HB 989: Instructional Materials
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee ; Donalds ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Albritton ; Antone ; Avila ; Caldwell ; Combee ; Eagle ; Fine ; Fischer ; Fitzenhagen ; Gruters ; McClain ; Metz ; Miller, A. ; Pigman ; Plakon ; Renner ; Rodrigues ; Rommel ; Roth ; Santiago ; Stone
Instructional Materials; Revises district school board responsibilities relating to review & adoption of public K-12 instructional materials; authorizes county residents to challenge use or adoption of instructional materials; revises requirements relating to public hearing for adoption of such materials; revises annual allocation for purchase of instructional materials.
Last Action: 6/27/2017 - Chapter No. 2017-177, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 107
• Introduced -HJ 107
• PCS on Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee, 03/27/17, 12:30 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 465
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 462
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 489
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/03/17, 11:30 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 2 -HJ 563
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 563
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/06/17, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 2 -HJ 611
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 607
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 632
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/19/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 735
• Amendment(s) adopted (109509) -HJ 735
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 762
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 94 NAYS 25 -HJ 762
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 490
• Received -SJ 490
• Withdrawn from Appropriations -SJ 737
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 737
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1210 -SJ 737
• Read 2nd time -SJ 737
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 903
• CS passed; YEAS 19 NAYS 17 -SJ 903
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1262
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-177, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.