CS/CS/SB 1052: Justifiable Use of Force
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Judiciary ; Simmons
Justifiable Use of Force; Revising the right to use or threaten force, including deadly force, when a person is in a dwelling, residence, or vehicle; authorizing a person to use or threaten to use nondeadly or deadly force in a dwelling or residence under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 5/4/2017 Senate - Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 822
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Rules -SJ 116
• Introduced -SJ 116
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/14/17, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/22/17, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 2 -SJ 259
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 259
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/29/17, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 8 NAYS 4 -SJ 277
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 266
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 277
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/04/17
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 278
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 291
• Read 2nd time -SJ 318
• Amendment(s) failed (469012) -SJ 318
• Amendment(s) pending (799564) -SJ 319
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 319
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 393
• Pending amendment(s), adopted (799564) -SJ 398
• Amendment(s) failed (947358) -SJ 398
• Amendment(s) adopted (833056) -SJ 398
• Read 3rd time -SJ 398
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 22 NAYS 15 -SJ 398
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 795
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/17
• Received -HJ 795
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 677 -HJ 937
• Read 2nd time -HJ 937
• Amendment(s) adopted (936359) -HJ 937
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 969
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 77 NAYS 41 -HJ 969
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (936359) -SJ 821, 822
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 23 NAYS 14 -SJ 822
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 822
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.