CS/HB 127: Public School Attendance Policies
GENERAL BILL by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee ; Plasencia ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Mercado
Public School Attendance Policies; Authorizes parent to request & be granted permission for student absence from school for treatment of autism spectrum disorder; requires district school board to adopt attendance policy authorizing absence for treatment of autism spectrum disorder; revises exemption relating to parental responsibility for nonattendance of student.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Education
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 39
• Introduced -HJ 39
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 8:30 am, Mashburn Hall
• CS by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 492
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 482
• Original reference(s) removed: Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee
• CS referred to Education Committee -HJ 518
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 518
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/06/17, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 597
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 597
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/19/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 738
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 768
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 768, 769
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Health Policy; Rules -SJ 453
• Received -SJ 453
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Education
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.