CS/CS/SB 1362: K-12 Education
K-12 Education; Revising the charter school application process; revising the definition for the term “eligible student” for purposes of the College-preparatory Boarding Academy Pilot Program; authorizing a high-performing charter school system to replicate its schools in any school district and providing application requirements therefor, etc.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; Appropriations -SJ 187
• Introduced -SJ 187
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/27/17, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Discussed/Workshop
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/03/17, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/17/17, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 4 NAYS 3 -SJ 434
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations -SJ 440
• Now in Appropriations
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 437
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 05/01/17, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 10 NAYS 7 -SJ 750
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 753
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 750
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.