CS/CS/HB 139: Local Tax Referenda
GENERAL BILL by Government Accountability Committee ; Ways and Means Committee ; Ingoglia ; Avila ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Donalds ; Eagle ; Gruters ; Massullo
Local Tax Referenda; Requires local government discretionary sales surtax referenda to be held on the date of a primary or general election and requires a specified percentage of votes for passage; requires notice of intent to levy certain local government discretionary sales surtaxes; prohibits certain entities for a specified period from increasing taxes that were reduced at the time a discretionary sales surtax was levied.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Ethics and Elections
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Ways and Means Committee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 39
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 01/25/17, 9:00 am, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 269
• Now in Ways and Means Committee -HJ 269
• Introduced -HJ 39
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means Committee, 04/05/17, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Ways and Means Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 2 -HJ 591
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Ways and Means Committee read 1st time -HJ 596
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 601
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 04/19/17, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -HJ 785
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 784
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• CS/CS by Government Accountability Committee read 1st time -HJ 777
• Read 2nd time -HJ 828
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 868
• CS passed; YEAS 93 NAYS 23 -HJ 868
• In Messages
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Community Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 484
• Received -SJ 484
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Ethics and Elections
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.